Friday, July 19, 2002

Chip Off the Old Block

My son is at home. He's not sick enough for me to be tending him hand and foot, but he's sick enough to stay home from camp. So, I charged up the ol cell phone and we've been in touch all day. He's fine and feeling good enough to tear apart one of my old pagers. I'm so proud of him. He likes to take electronic things apart and try to figure out how they work. Of course, I make him take the batteries out first and make sure all of the capacitors are discharged before I let him go to town clipping components off of the circuit boards. He just called me because he couldn't figure out how to get the battery out of the pager. I told him where the little access door was, but he couldn't open it. I asked him, "got a screwdriver?" I literally "heard" the light bulb come on in his head. Quickly he says, "Thanks mom! I love you!" click.

Sob! Sniff! Sniff!
That's my boy!!!