Friday, July 19, 2002

Flying Dream

I haven't had a flying dream in years, and I've never had one like this.

I started out in an old bi-plane that I taxied out of a hangar. I was supposed to fly in a squadron of other women, but they had already taken off and I couldn't catch up to them. So, I decided to go off my own way over the green countryside.

I saw huge black clouds in front of me. A very large thunderstorm was coming my way. I turned tail and was flying out of there, but the storm was quickly catching me. Suddenly, I was no longer in the airplane, but flying. I was surfing the air pressure wave in front of the clouds. The black clouds beneath my feet looked a lot like horses with their manes flying. I kept looking back to make sure I was staying in front of the storm. I was terrified and exhilirated at the same time. It was fun! I looked down and saw craggy mountains. It lasted quite a while.

I came upon some mesas next to a canyon and decided to land there. I stepped down onto the gournd and turned to face the storm. The storm never came. It got caught in the canyon and stayed there. I watched the clouds churn and flow, but they never got any closer.