Wednesday, December 11, 2002

Ok.

So, maybe I'm not quite ready to move into a little cabin in the woods just yet. I've come across a few human beings who make living in this society a little bit worthwhile for a little while longer. One is a female friend who I just seem to click with. She's the coolest and she's fun to dine with. We only get together about twice a month, but it's quality time. One started out as a friend-of-a-friend and was the only person I quasai knew when I moved down here. He has since turned into a friend, and he's fun to spend time with and is a quality human being and fun to hang out with. Another is a really manly yet sweet guy I've been keeping a bit of company with now and then. I like his perspectives on life, his sense of humor, and the way he treats me. If all men thought and behaved like this guy, the world would be a better place.

I'm just trying to remind myself that there are plenty of people in my life who make it worthwhile to NOT move to a little cabin in the woods. As I think about it, there are several more: my friend who moved out here from Michigan, my good friend and former lover in El Segundo who is still a good friend, terrific sculptor and artist in every sense of the word (never have I met anyone so meticulous), and my former sister-in-law who validated my decision to bail the hell out of the patch of uncultured tundra to which I was prisoner.

Yeah. Hello, society. I'm hanging out for a while.