Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I Choose Mars

In 2037, twelve pioneers leave Earth to live, breed, and farm in the newly completed Mars biodome, but something sinister happens while they are on the way. A psychopathic crew member has given the crew and the Company an ultimatum: Acknowledge him as ruler of Mars or he will destroy the biodome. Tommie Candour escapes from a storage pod and finds the crew in chaos and communications severed. Her desperate need for survival compels her to risk her life, and the life within her, in an attempt to save them all.

For NaNoWriMo last year, I drafted my very first novel, I Choose Mars. For the rest of 2012 and most of 2013, I have been in the rewrite process, working the bugs out of the plot, getting rid of extraneous technical information, and bringing out the personalities of the characters.

Last week I started the edit phase of the novel. This is such a big deal as it means I'm getting closer to publishing it. Yes, I have decided to self-publish it as an e-book. Hey, the only people who know my writing are aircraft mechanics who are forced to use the technical manuals I write for them. So, as an unknown writer, I figured self-publishing is the best way to start.


I posted Chapter 1 on the I Choose Mars Facebook page yesterday.

I really want to hear what you think - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Go ahead. I can handle it.